Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Making Art in San Francisco

Primarily my time spent here in SF has been devoted to job-searching, which has to some degree diminished my art and music time. But not entirely. After having a really wonderful conversation with Cara Vida, a collage artist/former commercial artist, and showing her a series of collages I did in 2009, I got inspried to start picking up the art stuff again. When moving down from Eugene, I couldn't bring my art stuff, just a small pile of raw materials. But the room I'm renting came with a bunch of art stuff already in it, and I've been given permission to use some of it.

So, as a relaxing activity, I've been queuing up a lot of the music I've gathered but never quite listened to and starting getting back into the collage again. here are some photos of things I've been doing.

Frames made from card stock and painted paper. The art to go in these will been happening sooner or later.

People in San Francisco are somewhat unfriendly at first, and often seem annoyed and irritated. This is a portrait of no specific person, but a sort of composite of people I encountered.

SF may be a big destination of gays, but that doesn't mean that they are free from gay stereotypes. I don't fit into those set models, so i used collage to express my feelings abut the worth of my individuality.

I use hell money a lot in my PB stuff, many times encouraging people to buy my merch with it when they are strapped for cash but want a new piece. The hell money you can get down here is really fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment